Do you believe in early potty training (like, from infancy)?

Why or why not?

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 2:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope, elimination communication is potty training the parents, not the kid IMO
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Elimination Communication. You can teach a baby from birth to go in the potty and not in a diaper.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1618346/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby_Part_Deux

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If they seem like the are ready to potty train..then why not.. But I wouldn't push them because a lot of them aren't physically or mentally ready!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• ^^ I agree.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• We do elimination communication but it is not potty training. DD is 4 months old. We started dabbling in it at 3 months. I still diaper her when we are out of the house. We are part time ECers.

She likes it. She thinks sitting on her potty is hilarious. It's a fun thing for us to do when we wre home together. It's not a forceful thing for either of us. And I feel very close to her for knowing her cues and her schedule.

Everybody poops. I'm glad we are normalizing the potty experience for her and it is enjoyable. If the child doesn't enjoy it, then it's not the right choice for that child.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sure I believe in it. I assume you are talking about EC? I dont believe I have the patience for it. But I believe people do it and it works.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nothing wrong with it. Saves diapers. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• what is EC?
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My son is 8 weeks old. As soon as he shows signs that he ready, I will definitely give it a try :)
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 8:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no, their bladders are not developed enough and it could cause problems later if tried
    Candy G.

Answer by Candy G. at 8:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010