Questions for the Work at home moms....

I've noticed some that say you don't do this or that...... (like no selling or inventory) my question is.... Exactly what DO you do??? I've check out one person's suggestion of a site and I couldn't find on that page what it is that is really done to earn money. Plently of selling points to hook a person in, but nothing to actually say this is what you do, this is how you earn money.....

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 3:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a web design service and I do custom graphic design. I won't sell someone else's product (too much headache) and this is a perfect fit for me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm president and co-owner of a business my husband and I started ourselves. We make money by selling our products to others. But we don't recruit. You either buy from us or you don't. But, of course, we hope you do.

I also freelance write and one of the websites I write for does pay well for referrals so I do try to recruit for that, the majority of the time in business groups or if someone specifically asks about working at home.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I simple educate the rest of the country about their rights to have 24.7 legal defense for anything in the world and 5 point Identity Theft protection by the #1 company in the world (Kroll)..I work from home talking to other people about the benefits of the membership what its all about, and how it works like insurance, I also tell others who are looking to work from home about the company so they realize there are unique option that pay bettr than anything else, you are your own boss, and set your own hours, and we have daily direct deposit, as well as the top rated company across the board for business and compensation.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I sell, but don't have to keep inventory like Mary Kay does. I do keep inventory for myself or events that I may do and also to take my product to parties so people can have product when they go home.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I do paid survey sites, I know you're thinking that's a scam but I've been paid over $20,000 by one of them. There really are some legit companies out there, I have some places you should check out, they are all free and you don't have to sell anything! Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I sell on ebay, manage our carpet cleaning business and I'm working on a wbsite selling natural and organic products
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i own a website that has work at home jobs and businesses and some businesses wont even get your attention unless the fib a little ya their no inventory but you have to buy tons of crap.. we try with each of our companies to have them tell exactly what goes on, it doesnt always work but we try. www.earningsinabasket.info if you ever have a question about any business use our contact page and our verification manager will tell you exactly about the company you have questions about.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• LOL Isn't that the truth!
    The website tells you, there is no selling, you won't have stock in your basements, you never have to leave your desk blah blah blah.
    A lot of them sell fake insurance. They, of course don't call it fake, but it is. There is no selling, because you are recruiting people to sell.
    It's another kind of pyramid scheme.
    Many moms have blogs that they work very hard at. They promote products and get paid when something sells. As their sites get bigger companies pay them to promote products, but for that you have to work very hard and get a following.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I personally don't sell anything. I set up accounts for a Billion Dollar Company. :-)
    www.OurCEOMom.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I completely understand your frustration...I wondered the same thing while I was looking for businesses. The only legitimate businesses are those that actually sell something...be it a service, product, membership...it has to sell something. I have a business where I sell premium Swiss skin care and nutrition products. These products are high in demand now and I have people contacting me trying to find someone to buy them from. I do not keep an inventory other than what I want on hand for myself or what I want to show other people (which I eventually use myself in the end). I also teach others to do the same...it's like I am teaching them how to open up their own franchise where they can make money as well. It is super, you can actually go to the web site and see what it is we are all about.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010