Ok, everyone says chili and cornbread...do you make cornbread from scratch?

I've neve rmade it...do you do it from scratch or a mix or buy it premade?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 3:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Jiffy here too, it is good if you put some chopped jalapenos and cheddar cheese into MMM Yum!

chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• LOL Jiffy! :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You can but why? There are so many good box mixes out there. And since you probaboy do not have corn meal and the other ingredients on hand, it will probably be cheaper.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You cant go wrong with Jiffy!! It may take 2 boxes..I like to make them in mini muffin tins or cucake tins.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I use Martha White self rising cornmeal and use the recipe on the back. But lately instead of baking it (yeah, I know it's bad) I fry it. For some reason it just tastes better to me! But I do like the regular cakey cornbread too, especially if it's made with bacon drippings or has cracklins in it. Sorry, no recipe for that.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Cornmeal isn't something we go through very quickly at my house, but if I have it I make cornbread from scratch. It's really simple. If I don't have cornmeal I use a mix.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I always have a bag of yellow, a bag of white and a bag of cornbread mix. I also have pouches of mix. LOL I do homemade and mix. Whatever I want with certain meals. 2 weeks ago it was chili and hot-water cornbread. I even do cornbread flitters.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Eeww...Jiffy tastes fake to me. I HATE sweet cornbread. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• don't eat cornbread
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I make my own in a cast iron skillet. My gandmother taught me and I have to say, I make a mean pan of corn bread!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010