On*star, Home Webcame Services- does it scare you?

Does it freak anyone else out that we are giving control to others through these types of services but its "for our protection"?
On*Star can turn your car off/on for you, and if they wanted could listen in on your car without you knowing. One day this may lead to our car actually working against us.
And Ive been seeing alot of "let us install webcams in your home so you can see your kids get home safely".. Now they can monitor the inside of our homes if they wish...
Next will be locking our homes without a key and someone could lock us in/out of our own homes...

Does it worry you? Do u think these things are good? Do you have any of these things?
(we have none-and wont!)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love the OnStar feature in cars. I had one in my last car, didn't ever NEED it, but it was nice to know it was there! I wouldn't want anything like cameras in my house though, that's a little far. MAYBE one that ONLY my husband or I had access/control over.... Idk, even then, hackers come to mind...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I dont have any of those things..it would worry me. I think onstar is good but technology can always be used for good or bad.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't object to having Onstar in my car, but I wouldn't be getting webcams installed in my house. I think you're being a little paranoid.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love Onstar, I use it frequently. I like that they can help me in an emergency, and they know where I'm at when I'm lost :) The webcams I wouldn't use - but I don't think either is a conspiracy.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think you are being a little paranoid. It's not like you don't have a choice whether or not to use it. I also think that ONstar is a GREAT tool and it would take alot for some one to abuse it.
    If you really think that ON*Star is on a mission to take over the world then dont get it. Stick to old fashioned locks. I would never use an electronic lock anyway. Seems kinda stupid.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010