Hospital or Home birth???

Which do you prefer and why? I've had both my kid's in the hospital with out any problems. I think a home birth would be nice (although am not expecting) I wanna hear your expiriences and thoughts!

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 3:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had 4 hospital births but am seriously considering a home birth for the next one. My last hospital birth was WONDERFUL!! I was the only woman in labor, walked in at 9.5 cm, and the nurses and doctor took their time with me, my husband, and the baby. IT was a great experience, and made me realize how relaxing (in a sense!) a homebirth would be.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have only had expeience with 5 hospital births. Since my first baby was c section and 4 vbacs after I feel much more at ease in a hospital. I just dont think a homebirth would work for me.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I never ha d a home birth.But my third child had the cord around his neck.And had some problems from that.So I am glad we were at the hospital.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've always had hospital births and always will, my husband is totally against having them at home, and I'm not going to force him to be part of something he is uncomfortable with. I like the idea of a homebirth now that I have 3 kids and know what to expect. I wouldn't recommend it for a first baby though. My sister in law just had a failed homebirth of her first baby yesterday, so it's very fresh on my mind. I really wanted it to go well for them but she was stuck at about 8-9 cm dilated for 9 hours, that was after all the hours it took to get her to 8 cm. They said the baby was in a bad position or something and was preventing her from fully dilating. After about 6 hours of handling it amazingly well (I was getting reports every few hours about how things were going) she started panicking and totally lost it. Somehow once she was at the hospital they were able to deliver the baby. You just never know how a 1st birth wil go
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I want a homebirth for my next if possible. My only was in a hospital. Not bad, but, I see WAY too many induced/c-section/intervention crap happening lately from relatives and friends.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Hospital
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Hospital.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've only experienced hospital births and it was a great experience, so that's what I'll go back to.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My hospital birth went fairly well. The hospital is more natural childbirth friendly than a lot of others. If I have another baby, I will go the home birth route.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Hospital all the way
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010