why do you have to go thru many hardships to get to a happy place in life?

I'm older(46).Married two times.First time he was physically/verbally abusive.Second time is better.But had many many blended family issues.And financial problems.And now things are going well.I just thought why do you have to go thru all that stress and unhappiness to be happy?

evelynwest

Asked by evelynwest at 3:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't know but i could use a break right now
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• patsymay I was once there too.
    evelynwest

Comment by evelynwest (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I believe going through the tough times make you appreciate the good. If you don't have the bad then you just take the good for granite. But that's just what I think.
    kayleelove521

Answer by kayleelove521 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't know, but I'm hoping for the happiness part to come along.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A lot of the pain in my own life was caused by myself and the poor choices that I made. That and the total lack of immaturity caused me a lot of heartache that I could have been spared. Life doesn't always just happen to us. Sometimes we make it happen the way it does Hopefully, we learn from our mistakes and do not repeat them. This in and of itself brings us joy--just to know that we are not as dumb as we once were.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• To appreciate the happy parts. Struggles make you stronger...at least they have me!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 4:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I agree with NannyB she actually said it better than I could. A lot of times we cause our own pain and hardships when it comes to relationships, I know I have. However learning from the mistakes we make is what makes us stronger and provides us wisdom to not repeat the same things over and over again. (Of course its taken me a heck of long time to figure all this out. )
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010