What qualities did your children get from you and not their father?

It can be personality-wise or physical.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Their good looks...hahaha.
    My oldest is like me personality wise, his sense of humor, his creativity, fashionable (the kid loves to shop for clothes and shoes), same taste in movies, we read the same things and think a lot a like, his moods (man can he be moody). People always say He is just like me in every way.

My youngest is a lot like me too, funny, quick witted, creative, loves to watch movies, sacrastic. He looks a lot like my brother and my brother's son.

From their dad - I can see some of his looks in them but I honestly do think they look more like me and my side of the family. Their athletic ability and competitveness comes from their father. I'd say their intelligence comes from both sides, but they are both whizzes in math (and I am certainly not).
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my daughter is a total mini-me!!! everything she is, i used to be. the only difference between us, is i used to LOVE reading, and she HATES it!! shes only in gr 1, and she hates it, she never wants to, shes not very good at it, because of this..her teacher has told me that she has never seen a child who dislikes storytime as much as she does..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My son has my personality; he's loud, silly, caring, sensitive. Unfortunately, he has his dad's temper at times!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• they got my eyes lol and my gap, i have a gap in my front teeth but plz believe i will get their gap fixed i hated that i had to grow up with a gap but now it's just apart of who i am
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010