How do I balance taking care of a baby, house, husband and pet?

I am very overwhelmed trying to take care of all these things. I feel like I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, never really getting anything accomplished. And I am absolutely exhausted!

kayleelove521

Asked by kayleelove521 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• You need to prioritize. The baby needs you. The pets need you too. The house, only enough to stay healthy. Your husband should be able to take care of himself. And you need to take care of yourself, or else you'll be in no condition to take care of anyone!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• How old is your baby? If he/she is still pretty young, you will get the hang of it!! It takes some time to find a good routine :o)

Hang in there! I think we all go through this at one point in time!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home From 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Just do it! I have a husband, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a big house. It's stressful and I very rarely have me time. If I do I am usually having to cut into my sleep time to get it. I know its rough but it can be done.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have four kids, a job and 3 dogs, a sun conure, a guinea pig and some fish. I do okay. I love my pets so I look forward to caring for them, even the dirty jobs. I do a lot of scheduling, menues, appointments, etc. It's a matter of being organized. I think you can do anything if you prepare properly.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would say focus on ur baby and yourself first. Ask your husband to help out also. Don't try and be supermommy. Like I stopped cooking my husband dinner most nights unless he helps clean and I don't really have time to walk my dog anymore. And my hubby does his own laundry. This is a partnership, I'm not his caretaker.
    JunebugsMomma8

Answer by JunebugsMomma8 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Somethings you have to let go.And don't worry if they don't get done.And get your husband to help out.Even if it is to watch the baby so you can take a hot bath and relax.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• just got to get ur self in a routine and just do it
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You have to prioritize and set a routine. It was overwhelming for me at first, but I've been doing it for over two years now. I'd probably be able to do it all with my eyes closed. I look after the house, my daughter, my husband and our four pets! I never do all of the cleaning in the house in one day. I break it up. I'll dust one day, do laundry the other day, mop another day, etc.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Very carefully and w/ lots of coffee! LOL will if you are a first time mom will feel like a zombie for awhile..sry, but you will get the hang of it. I promise. Over time you will see what works for you. It was hard for me myfirst time, but by the time I had my second girl and now I babysit for my cousin and her daughter is also a toddler like my little girl. I got use to it after a month! so three kids ( two) of then toddlers, cat, dog and now no husband. I got it down! Remember take time for you self that's the biggie! A tired, stressed out mom, means unhappy kid(s). Believe me they pick up on it!
    princessbabies

Answer by princessbabies at 3:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Decide who or what is most important. Because I have 2 jobs, spending time with my son is top of the list. Folding laundry, at the very bottom. Get your husband to help out. I'm pretty sure God put hands at the ends of his arms too! Less time spent by you sweeping, doing dishes, picking up means more time for daddy when baby is in bed!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010