have you even been in the room with someone when they gave birth?

i ask this because my neice due date is tomorw she really nervous &she wants me to be in there when she gives birth the babys dad isnt around so she asked that me her mother&her sister be in the room.I never could do this type of thing when my sister gave birth i just couldnt do it i know its weried because i have to kids of my own & you would think im used to it but it freaks me out just the sight of blood however i really wanna be there for me neice what should i do? or how did you guys react when you were in the delievery room with someone did you panic or anything?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 3:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was in the room with all three of my friends kids. It was an awesome experience to watch someone else give birth, I had done it but never seen it. I cried each time.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My best friend was there when I gave birth to my youngest, and I was with her. I had a vaginal delivery and she had a c-section. That was absolutely amazing to watch!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes I went in with my friend when the babys father bailed. Just stand at her head and encourage her. You dont have to see whatever you dont want to see :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I watched my friend give birth and I was fine. It helped that she was pain free and calm herself. For my own birth I freaked out about the pain and even scared my husband so I would not have wanted to be there.
    JunebugsMomma8

Answer by JunebugsMomma8 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It was the most awesome experience!!!!! I am a trained in the medical field and a saw the view the doctor has and it was incredible!!!! U get to watch a miracle happen!!!! Don't miss it!!!! Calm your nerves!!!! Concentrate on the baby not everything else,Focus and u will be fine!!!! Good Luck!!!! and congrats!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i was in the room with my sister.... as she was with me
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i was in the room when my mother gave birth to my brother, i dont know why i was there or why they allowed young kids in there but i saw it AND my advice to you is you could stay up where her head is and hold her hand. you most likely wont see much but a bloody baby (if that). when i was up by my mother's head...i couldnt see much going on down there.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I was there when my Nephew was born...he is 17 now. My advice is go. It was a wonderful thing that my sister shared with me in welcoming her oldest child. As far as the blood goes...I saw none! I stayed at the head of the bed and looked at my sister's face and held her hand and didn't look down at the other end until they held the baby up! I will always remember that day and the closeness that I felt for my sister and have ever since. I wouldn't pass it up and no one is going to think anything of you staying at her head and talking to her while she labors :)
    latestarter

Answer by latestarter at 3:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• me, my mom, bil's mom, sister's bff and bff's bf were all in the room.... another guy named Gus was down the hall and my sis said she would be ok with him there too! but yeah, it was CRAZY amazing!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 4:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope. The only person with me when I delivered was my husband, dr, and nurse.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010