a friend wants to know what advice would you give to recouperate her hair loss?

" I have been dying my hair for about 15 years. Lately, I have to dye it more often and darker cause its gray. Over the last 4 months my hair has been falling at the root, and shedding like crazy. Will it grow back? "

thats her question.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• maybe and maybe not. ....she will find out when she stops coloring and let the hair get strong and healthy again. i rather have hair and be grey then bold. she might also get bold that is genetic. if it does not stop then i would go to a doc and let him analyze the problem
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If it's falling out at the follicle it is NOT from coloring. It's hormonal, or it could be from a medication she's taking. Keeping the scalp and hair healthy and free of debris will help encourage healthy regrowth. Cheap, store bought shampoos contain wax and gycerin that can dry the hair and clog the hair follicles making the hair fall out. Try Paul Mitchel'sTea Tree shampoo and conditoner for scalp health and regrowth. It's cheaper than Nioxin. Also, diet, eating healthy and taking vitamins will help also. No excessive pulling, and gentle hair color will strengthen also. Good luck. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Perhaps. She needs to stop coloring.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Go see a doctor, ASAP.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It could be a thyroid problem. Ask a Dr to play it safe.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• elizabr is correct. I would talk to my doctor and be sure that there is not something going on wih the thyroid or any other medical issue for that matter.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Biotin 5000 mcg is a supplement that you can buy at the drug store or vitamin store recommended to me by my dermatologist - i noticed my hair was falling out allot while i was in the shower or at the sink doing my hair - she said she noticed that on top of my hair there was very scarce hair left - the biotin 5000 will stop the remaining hair from falling out - but will not bring the dead cells back - there is a procedure that, when it is time, she will inject into my head, i think a steroid of some kind, that will make my hair grow again - she said it is not time yet - after only 8 weeks of taking the Biotin 5000 - 1 pill each am - i noticed my hair has practically no fall-out anymore - there are also shampoos out there that prevent hair fall-out - but none that promise hair growth - Rogaine will promise hair regrowth - but it's a very complicated process - go online and check it out - i wasn't willing to go through it....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• depends on her age & what stage growth hr hair is in...I would suggest giving it a long break & put up with the grey for a while & see
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It really depends on why it's falling out. My dd lost half of her hair when she was 8. Her thyroid was messed up. We fixed that and her hair grew back in.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010