What is the ruddest thing that someone has said to you or someone you know about your/their kid?

I was hanging at the mall with one of my friends and his baby the other day and this woman walks up to him and says. n"WOW you can tell he's always feed." My friends son is a very big baby and very chunky. He weighs 21 pound and just turned 10 months. I thought that was just plan rude.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• "What's wrong with him!??!" About my son's stimming. He has moderate autism. That comment had me in tears. You'd think an adult woman would know enough to not be so rude and crude...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• wow that was rude, when i had my daughter i was at the clinich with my mom getting my daughter's first check up done and a old lady comes up to me and says aww your lil' sister is so cute, i corrected her and said "o she isn't my sister she is my newborn daughter" she said... Ugh just sick kid's having kid's these days what is wrong with u kids u can't find anything better to do in your time rather than lay on your backs! My mom's jaw must of hit the ground I teared up, u know us mommas can be emotional after we have our babies lol
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Well, she was just saying.....that's a big baby! I'm sure she meant no harm in it. Maybe she thought about it later and realized. Some people say dumb things.

But yesterday we were saying it wasn't rude to crack jokes about the way someone dressed in front of them. So I don't now anymore. No offense.

So my answer is, my neighbor told me I need to beat really hard my children because they don't listen.....she's reffering to a 2yo and a 3yo at the time......wow
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would have told her to shove it!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• wow, that was some hideous grammar! My bad! :P
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I get rude comments from people. One in particular really gets under my skin: A women on cafemom asked a question on here in regards where we stand on abortions. I politely replied I am pro-choice b/c I do not want the govt making decisions of that nature for me. Fine right? No. The OP then quoted my response and said this, " I think I know why you only have one child and you are pro-choice....You must have been scrapped one too many times." That really hurt me b/c I was going to through a REAL cervical cancer scare at that time. For the record, I have never had an abortion and I have one child b/c my dh and I only want one child. 

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• it was at a local carnival..she went on the bumper cars,there were only 2 other kids there...and she couldnt get her car going..and she really didnt know what to do..but..whatever, she was stuck and couldnt move..the man walks over to her, YELLING at her, PRESS THE HANDLE, DO THIS DO THAT blah blah blah..dd had no idea what he was talking about, and just sat there..he walks over to his booth mumbling to himself about i told her what to do, shes not listening..and i yelled out "EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!" he yells back at me, "DOES SHE SPEAK ENGLISH!!!" and i was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? SHES 5 YEARS OLD!!!!!" he yells back about her not listening, and im like maybe if you werent yelling at her, and would have showed her what to do, she woulda been fine!! i was super pissed!!! btw yes we speak english! its all we know!! LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• A boy told my dd who is 8 that atleast his parents are divorced. She was really hurt!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think Patsymay84 takes the cake with this one. I would have been saying something back to that woman, since that was just plain obnoxious of her. I don't care what the age is, I would have said something.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 3:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My grandmother told me that I am the only one that could possibly love my son (he is six and was a big brat when he was 2). She also told my that God was going to take my children from me because I am living wrong. She is an evil evil woman
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010