Do you think that dance class once a week and soccer once a week is too much?

Dance class is at night and it's an hour long. Soccer is done during the day at her daycare and it's for 30 minutes. I was always very much involved in sports as a child and loved it and I know that she does too, so I want her to experience different sports and be able to decide what she wants to pursue when she's older. What do you think?

Patesmom

Asked by Patesmom at 3:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's great! Definitely not too much.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sounds good to me, as long as she wants to do it.
    JunebugsMomma8

Answer by JunebugsMomma8 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think it's great as long as she's handling it well and is enjoying herself. :)
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 3:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't think it's too much. It's not like they're overlapping or anything. I think it's fine unless she comes and tells you she's not happy with it. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't say it's too much, but I would ask her which one she prefers. I would have been miserable if my parents had made me play sports, and I am sure there are girls who would have loved the sports but hated the dance class.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 4:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank you!!! She absolutely loves dance class and when I talked to her about soccer she was screaming and jumping up and down. She is always so full of energy, so I know that she will enjoy it, and if she doesn't then I would never force her to do anything. I used to do gymnastics for 16 hours a week, so I know how that goes! =)
    Patesmom

Comment by Patesmom (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I definitely don't think that is too much. I would pay attention to your child's moods and energy level. Make sure she is getting enough sleep, water and good food. As long as her behavior doesn't change drastically in a negative way, I think she is fine. Remember to talk to her and ask her what she wants to do, but at the same time, gently encourage follow through, not quitting what you have started.
    flora52

Answer by flora52 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• nope
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Depends on the kid. Some kids would be exhausted, for others it wouldn't be enough stimulation. If your dd is handling it fine then no, it's not too much.
    fmchavez

Answer by fmchavez at 9:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010