Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my ex suggested i abort the baby, but im going to keep it... hes worried about child support... should i put him on the birth cirtificate?

Since hes worried about child support- he says that he would want to be on it, but since he doesnt want me to keep it, should i put him on the cirtificate? I have a friend that says he would love to be the name on the cirtificate and sayd hed pay child support for it even though its not really his...
i dont want for the baby to be a burden to my ex and i want it to know its daddy as someone that loves her and wants her. I dont like how my ex is thinking of her as a mistake. and i dont like that he would even suggest aborting. What do you think?

Answer Question

Asked by trystons_mommy at 3:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 14 (1,507 Credits)
Answers (29)
  • Well now a days you can't just give a name of a father and they put that name on the BC. If he wants to be named as the father he will have to sign a paper saying so. He helped make the baby he should help, but if he doesn't want to you may have to go to court and try to terminate rights. Not saying all this is going to happen, just a lil info.

    Answer by Christinemg0813 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • If he don't want the baby...hell no, dont put him on the certificate. If he dont want anything to do with the child then F him. Love your baby the way he should be loved! Forget about Child support. If you put him on the certificate he will have rights...and can do anything he wants as far as its legal. Be careful. Ask questions. But any man on the certificate can have fathers rights...and if he is not on the certificate and you holler you want Child support they will make you pay for a paternity test to prove he is the out of your pocket...I think.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • I don't know anthing much about BCertificates but I do know that my ex mother in law was GIVEN a baby. Just given a baby...yeah...tell me about it. But what the girl (the niece of my ex mother in law) did was put my ex father in laws name on the birth certificate. So now it may be legal that my ex father in law is the father...when he is not...nor is the ex mother in law. The neice is the mom but didnt want the baby so she just GAVE her to her aunt (my ex mother law and ex father in law) and added his name on it. Now the ex mil dosnt even want the child...she is about 5 years old now. She says things like, "I am gonna pack your bags and take you to someone else!" SAD and SICK!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • Um, SORRY. If he didn't want you to get pregnant he shoulda kept it in his pants.

    Don't worry about being a burden to HIM. he's a big strong man and needs to take responsibility for his actions. Put him on the certificate and make sure he PAYS for HIS child. Don't burden your's the quickest way to kill a friendship.

    Don't worry about how your child "knows" Dad. Honestly, it would be nice for all kids to be wanted and loved by their biological fathers but in the real world that just doesn't happen.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:10 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • If he dont want to be the father then dont put his name on it,he shouldhave thought aboutthat when he was making the baby.its not your fault or the babys.hes not worthy of being called a daddy anyway.

    Answer by geenabelle at 3:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • If you want child support then put him on! When it comes time for visitation then you can always fight it but it costs a lot of money to raise a child and it's not fair for you to do it by yourself. Also, don't just put your friend on it! Wait, maybe you will meet a great guy, get married and he will love you both and adopt your baby. Just start asking questions.

    Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • Did you make that baby by yourself??? He should definitely be responsible for child support. As for the friend- let him be a part of your baby's life. Obviously your ex is going to be a postive roll model in the baby's life. Sorry your going through this!!! Men can be such scumbags sometimes!!!!

    Answer by mykidsrock77 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • He helped make the Baby! I'm sure he wasn't thinking about child support at that time! He should be listed on the Birth Certificate and should be responsible for his child! I agree that the friend should be a part of the baby's life if you want him to be, but not financially responsible that is the babys fathers job and he shouldn't get off the hook that easy.

    Answer by RhondaJ at 4:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • i say hell yes! he is that babys father weather he wants to be or not!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

  • i would say don't make him pay, i mean, you can abort if you want and this is the same. but have him sign his rights away if he is really sure.

    Answer by goth_mama at 4:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.