what causes cradle cap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told that cradle cap just runs in the family if your family has a history of dandruff problems. My oldest and my son both had cradle cap
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• sometimes its a milk allergy,can also be from dry heat in the house

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No one knows the answer to that wonderful question. Everyone has theories but no one really knows... they do know its not contagious and it does go away. Also, I think they ruled out improper hygiene as well. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Dry Skin basically. That's why you use baby oil to soften it up and then wash it with a moisturizing shampoo.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It's dry scalp. Baby dandruff.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• please look it up, ANY doc will tell you that cradle cap is NOT dry calp it is actually from excess oil on the scalp! Placing aby oil on the scalp to "emove " t wil only get rid of the scales for a short period, butit will come bak twice as bad! Dont take my word for it, ask a doctor!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010