Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If my ex refuses to give me my child do I have legal right to go to his house when he is gone and my child is there with his fiance?

Answer Question

Asked by ksmith4541 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Who has Physical Custody of the child????? If you do, then yes you have the right to go to his house and get your child, but if he has phyiscal custody, then no you don't.....take it back to court!

    Answer by mamakell1174 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • if you have sole custody and the child is at the fiances home & your ex refuses to give him to you. Call the police have your court order ready and ask for an escort to get your child telling them the circumstances.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • If you have documentation that states that you have sole custody and he has visitation on certain days and wont give your child back then the best thing to do is contact a local authority explain whats going on and they will go gethim/her for you. If you go by yourself that will only cause conflict which will put your child right in the middle and look bad on you. An officer is the best way to handle this. But you do have the right to collect your child if your ex hasnt returned him to you.

    Answer by purpleonyx at 10:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

  • Call the police and let them handle it. They can meet you there. However, if you don't have custody then it needs to be established.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:12 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

  • if no one has custody yet due to a divorce in progress you can get temporRY CUSTODY UNTIL THE HEARING. i would call the police and go with it from there

    Answer by babybump09 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

  • If you have joint custody than you can go and get your child anytime you want just get a copy of your court papers and a police officer and go get your child. There is nothing he can do. By law you have to appove any care give that he may use. If he has sole custody than you need to go back to court and get him for contempt of court.

    Answer by LadyT101 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.