Help!!!

I caught my 12 year old son masterbating is this normal at that age what should i do? then he asked me if I do it and his dad we have no clue what to say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Its def normal. Its now time for the dreaded sex talk if you havent already.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I would let his dad talk to him and let him know that its normal. I wouldnt however tell him that the two of you do it lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yes is deffinitly is normal. He's curous, be honest have "the talk" with him then he'll realize almost everyone does it but its not something he should go around and discuss with everyone.
    Anonymous

• It's completely normal at this age and his dad needs to have the talk with him.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Oh my, this is what I am dreading myself. I wouldn't know how to react other than to try not to make too big a deal about it. I would also have dad talk to him about this, try not to make him feel bad about it however, it is normal.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 3:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Thanks yall I did tell him it was normal and I know it feels good sometimes but when he asked if me and dad do it I about died
    Anonymous

• It's normal. You don't have to answer his question. You can say, "I'm not comfortable talking to you about me specifically, but I can talk to you in general about it". You can assure him that it is normal to feel good when touched there but in should be done in private. I had this conversation with my girls when they were eleven, knowing it was coming up soon. It's their body so they need to know it's natural but also something they need to have control over. I would hand it over to Dad since he was once a 12 yo boy. I wouldn't have a clue how to help the boy. Dad also should talk to him about sex if he hasn't. That's the next step Mom.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It is a normal thing for a child to master bate. It doesn't matter of what sex the child is the child will do that. Mine did it but not sure with when. Then I started finding cut up pieces of clothes and different material thing's in his room hidden so I wouldn't find it. I think he was just exploring is all nothing to be obbessed about for it from him. Just remember kid's do the darn dest thing's. And that's one of them. I used to think it was wrong or something was wrong with him but now that I talk it over with his dad and think about it more it is only normal. Hope that helps.
    snickers1201

Answer by snickers1201 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Absolutly normal tell him we don't discuss matters like that and tell him it should be done in private. nothing to be ashamed of
    Bambi102876

Answer by Bambi102876 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2008