What is grieving to you?

What is grieving to you? How did you grieve over a lost one? When did you know grieving was over - or is it ever over?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• Remembering the life of a loved one I just lost. It can involve crying, coming together with family, reflecting on the loved one's life, etc. I always grieve by of course crying and coming together as a family, talking about the loved one's life and the memories we had. I lost my grandfather when I was thirteen and I lost my cousin, who was also a best friend and more like a sister to me, when I was eight. I don't think I've ever fully gotten over their deaths, their deaths caused me to grow up rather fast. I try to never take things for granted and try to cherish every little moment/thing because I know how fast I can lose someone.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't think grief ever goes away, you just learn to live with it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Grieving is the process to fully accepting that whatever happened has happened. It's forgiving yourself (if you're at fault), forgiving someone else (if they're at fault), or just a general forgiveness to the situation. This can be the general steps of denial, anger, sadness, before acceptance. For me I just go straight to sadness or anger and then after a while it dicipates and I accept it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010