Did you get Braxton Hicks when you were six mos pregnant?

RenoMama

Asked by RenoMama at 4:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never had Braxton Hicks in all 3 pregnancies.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I did but they werent painful or consistent.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, and it was unnerving
    mammamia48

Answer by mammamia48 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• sure. bh contractions are really just your body gearing up for the real thing. bh are usually felt when you are up and about, doing a lot of stuff. it's the contractions you get when you're not doing anything at all that could be the real thing, if they're close together.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes and it was unnerving, Painful and hard to tell when it was the real thing.....real ones are completely timeable and consistant.
    mammamia48

Answer by mammamia48 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, I did. It always felt like my daughter was pushing with all of her might out of my stomach. The only time they were uncomfortable was when I was standing up.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes I did with both pregnancies. My second one with my twins, I thought I was in actual labor cause the pain was so bad
    mama408

Answer by mama408 at 4:05 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No contractions until the day labor started.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had contractions starting at 18 weeks straight through until I delivered. I was on bedrest for about 6 weeks. I had to get injections weekly to help prevent preterm labor (17 P-progesterone) and also weekly cervical measurements. My pregnancy was very stressful...I was always afraid of going into labor, although I had a preterm labor at 22 weeks, 10 years ago, so I was terrified it would happen again. If you're not working, when my contraction were really bad, I had to lie on my left side and drink lots of water....................ugghh, I drank so much water during my pregnancy that I despised for a while after I stopped breastfeeding.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You can. It's most common in the second (or more) pregnancies.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010