• In the Spotlight:

Question???

Went to the Dr. for penatal visit with new Dr. And I'd never met him before. And the first thing, before introducing properly, he says to me is ,"What type of Birth Contrl method are you planning on using?" ("When you have this baby!") How would you take that question? Should I switch Dr's?

PBrooks04

Asked by PBrooks04 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats awkward.... i wouldn't think that is very nice... he should be thinking about the baby right now... i don't know if i you should switch docs but see how it goes next time maybe
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 3:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• That was rude...if my doctor said that id be like "excuse you? im pregnant, i cant go on birth control. Im here because im pregnat"
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• are you young? maybe thats why. it was kinda rude but look at why he might have said that, since your pregnant he should focus on that instead
    kadensmommy0204

Answer by kadensmommy0204 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My drs have never mentioned bc options with me till usually right at my last visit. I do know people who have been asked because they have several kids and the dr wanted to know if they were getting their tubes tied since arrangements for that have to be made.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008