how do i get my son off his pasafier

my son is 15 m do you think he shouldnt be on his pasafier i wanna get him off it but i cant get him off he only takes it at night and nap time

mommaodie

Asked by mommaodie at 11:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try buying the newborn size and see if he'll reject it on his own. I've also heard of snipping the end off just a bit so that he can't suck on it as effectively. I'd try the newborn size first though, just because snipping the end off always made me paranoid of a piece tearing off (choking hazard).
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I would let him have it. If he is only using it at night and nap times then it is just a comfort thing and he will get ride of it when he is ready. the other option you could try is this. Before his 2nd birthday let him know that the binki fair is going to come and take all the pacifiers away. This may work. I know my oldest had his until he was 4. He has a skin condition and the pacifier stopped him from scratching. Good Luck.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• my son will be 2 on the 25th & he still has his pacifier! but we are going on vacation in August & when we get back home my husband & i are going to tell him that we accidently left them at the beach! we will see! lol
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i let my daughter throw hers away. that was that. for my son, i weaned him down to just one and todl him when it was gone that was it. eventually he put it down on his own. he was almost 4 though...
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:55 AM on Jul. 4, 2008