Can anyone be trusted anymore?

I'm speaking to an old friend and he as asking me if I still had trust issues and I told him yes. It got me thinking can anyone be trusted anymore? People say you have to pick the right people. I try I really do.
I thought I could trust a government daycare to watch my daughter but they abused her and she was only 4 moths old. She was only there for 2 weeks when I noticed the bruises and pulled her out ASAP and quit my job. I thought I could fully trust my husband but he broke that trust. I have some trust but I'm still iffy on fully trusting him because I dont want to get hurt again. Everyone O thought I could trust has broken it. I cant even trust my family anymore with put much they betrayed me.
Why can't people be trusted anymore? What happen to it?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I keep my walls up. If someone wants to have me in their life bad enough, they will work at breaking through the walls and are worth giving trust. I've had my trust violated too many times by friends AND family to not be somewhat leery now.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think part of it is we need to accept that people are human and are bound to let us down at one time or another(not including child abuse on this statement). We need to find the reasons behind the dishonesty. Sometimes the reasons behind it arent' as sinister as it may seem.. It's just a fear of them hurting you or letting you down with the truth.

My son was getting hurt in a daycare once. I removed him, but I had to trust somebody sometime! I had to support my family.

If you live your life trying to sheild yourself from what could happen, you will wind up dissapointed all of the time. With life comes dissapointment sometimes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sweetie!! I'm the same exact way. I am constantly waiting around for people to disappoint me. I've lost faith in the human race and it's to a point where I don't even trust myself anymore.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Jazzlikemraz It's just not one person one place. I was molested by family members and my own parents didnt do anything about it. I was raped and again I was told i lied about it and nothing was done. I was n an abusive relationship and my family wouldnt help me escape told me to deal with it on my own. Every guy I've been with has been abusive in some way or/and cheated. This government was ran by the militray so you figured you can trust them but no you cant
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You can't take your experiences and shape them into the whole of the country/world. Many people can still be trusted, but it is true that you find more untrustworthy people. That doesn't mean that there aren't trustworthy people in this world though.

As far as government agencies .. That's a hit and miss always. Government agencies aren't paid enough to maintain a high quality business, and they're also not generally funded enough to provide quality care. That's sad to say, because they of all places should be at least decent quality.

One person, one business, etc cannot shape your view on everyone and everything. That's really narrow minded.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010