Anyone with the same situation??

I went for my level 2 u/s and genetic counseling yesterday. I think it went well. The doctor came in and told me that there were no markers for DS and that he strongly believed my baby is 100% healthy. He changed my 1/67 to about 1/140. This made me and my family a lot more at ease. However, just to make sure, i went ahead with the amnio. He said that the FISH results would come in thursday afternoon at the earliest and friday morning at the latest. I am still worried (less than before). I am currently just taking it easy and hoping for the best. This whole experience has made me really appreciate everything in my life. I have read a few stories from people saying that they also showed no markers on the level 2 u/s and their baby still ended up with DS. So we aren't in the clear just yet. But we are certainly feeling better than before.

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hope the best for you and your family. I did the same thing with my 2nd becuase the did the DS test even though I didnt want it. When my ultrasound came back I denied the Amnio, (only cause I wasnt going to terminate pregnancy and love her either way. Just so you know.... She was 100% healthy! Good luck!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That's the way having kids is. Its a crapshoot. Only thing is that you always win. I didn't opt for the testing. Didn't matter to me. The docs asked me the obvious. I didn't want to know how many fingers and toes apon ultrasound. Didn't want to know . Ill get what ill get and I won't throw a fit. Lol good luck
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010