So, I just found out that in our Parrish, kids are NOT allowed to walk home. It is against the rules.

How about that? Is this rule in place anywhere else?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in

• what is a parrish?
    RenoMama

Answer by RenoMama at 4:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think it's a smart rule to be honest. To many kids get snatched up walking to or from school.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Same as a county. We have Parrish's in Louisiana.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• He is 14. And we live close.
    BradenIsMySon

• Kids getting snatched walking home from school is very, very rare. Other places do have rules like this. They're stupid. More kids walking makes it safer for all kids, and gets them some exercise.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I live across the street from the school and i still go to pick both of them up ages 9 and 6...too many sick people in this world for me to trust what i value most in life...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 4:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• This is why kids a getting fat, they are not allowed to move, can't clime trees, go skate boarding and now walk.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• unfortunately it is not that way where i live. but i think it should be. so many of the kidnapping crimes i hear about on my local news are from kids being snatched up on the way home from school. it's heartbreaking.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Any school district around her only buses if you are a certain distance away.....when I was growing up I was one block (or 8 houses) away from being bused, so instead I had to walk 1.4 miles home everyday....in the winter time it really sucked.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• @Gammie: My kid is allowed to do all those things. Especially at 14. LOL I see no reason he can't walk home.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010