Is the truth really worth it or would a lie be the best way to go?

Brief rundown... in a relationship not married. BF and I split for a while over certain issues, but are now back together... The problem is I am in love with my best guy friend, who coincidentally is my ex- bf proxy. By that I mean that when we are single, which has been for the last year and then again 3 years ago, we are eachothers companion. Everyone feels like we date, but we wouldn't necessarily describe it like that. We just enjoy eachothers company and only have that kind of time when we are not dating someone else. Anyway, I have been lying to him for oh about 2 years now about how I really felt only because I didn't want to lose him completely. I am wondering if being honest and just telling him would really be worth losing him, if he does not feel the same....
I honestly would rather have him anyway I could have him...help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are in love with him, tell him. It's better to let him know and see what happens then later down the road always question what could have been. Love is about taking a leap. I say go for it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Honestly, I think before you do ANYTHING else, you need to break up with your current boyfriend. It's not fair to keep him as your "back-up plan" when you're not in love with him. I would tell your guy friend the truth... True, you run a chance of losing what you have now, but it doesn't sound like that's enough for you anyway. And there's always a chance he feels the same.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Break it off with your current BF then be up front and honest with your long time friend.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No point in keeping the current bf if you love another. Really. I would be honest to the guy you love and if he rejects you, at least you know and can move on. And maybe he won't!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010