I know im being childish, but I need some serious advice

My friend & I have been annoyed at eachother alot lately & it finally boiled over & she kept saying my son was a brat ( which I admit he is sometimes) but she cant admit hers is just as bratty. Anyways the fight we had wasnt even about our kids, but then it somehow morphed into our kids & she wouldnt stop talking about my son, so I got in her face and told her she better not say another f*cking word about my kid or I was going to pound her face (childish, but it was a mamma bear instinct) & then I walked away. She called me asking where we stand & I said its clear we're annoyed at eachother & need space. So we havent talked in 3 days. Well im supposed to buy a coat from her tomorrow & she asked if I still was & I said yes. Its her bday & im not sure if i should get her a gift. Im still upset with her & dont want her to think im giving in, but I dont want to be a snot either. Should I get her a gift? I know, its childish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Hey I would have said the same thing. I'm a mama cougar, no one messes with my kids. Its BS that she would even talk smack about a child anyways. I would maybe get something small but still spend time away. She's been your friend up until now.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Of course you should get her a gift. And you guys should talk about it and apologize and be friends again. No sense in loosing a good friendship over an argument. Everyone argues. Good luck!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would get her a gift and give it to her AFTER you have talked about this fight, just to keep the two as seperate events. The fact that you are considering a gift shows that you care and want to still be friendly.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:21 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Smply get apart
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 4:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Original poster:
    I know I should apologize, and I actually get over things pretty easy, but our whole friendship has been me giving in to her everytime she is mad and always being the one to apologize first, and I am taking a stand. I dont want to be the weak one in this friendship and her think she can walk all over me whenever she feels like it and I will sit there and take it..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Maybe talk about why it got as bad as it did, so it doesn't happen again. Maybe being a little more upfront about your feelings with eachother ahead of time will avoid a blow up. Why don't you tell her that it hurts your feelings when she talks about your son. Telling her HOW YOU FEEL, instead of getting angry. No one is "winning, or giving in". You both are hurting.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You did not state how old the children are or if they are "only children". If the children are under the age of 6, then of course they will be "brats" when in the presence of other children. Their brains have not developed enough to act like "adults", they do not like to share, they want what they want, when they want it and expect to the the center of attention. If your friend does not have the intelligence to see the mental flaws in children, then she lives in a fantasy world and should find other fantasy friends with "perfect" children. People like that just tork my shorts.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 5:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm. Sorry to hear you are not getting along. I would get her a gift. You'll get it all figured out in time. You ARE friends for a reason.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i would get her a gift.i mean you obviously still care about her.and want her friendship..but she needs to understand that she cant talk like that about you child!
    sam_ann

Answer by sam_ann at 5:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would of reacted the same way if anyone said something negative about my kids, would u ever just go off n tell her about how bad or bratty her kid is?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010