Why am I so tired?

I am currently almost 37 weeks pregnant with a scheduled c section on October 26th. I had my son in August 2009 and got pregnant with my daughter in February. Then my son passed away in May at the age of 8 1/2 months old. All I do lately is sleep. Is this normal and do you think my daughter will come before the scheduled c section date? My son was born at 37 weeks 6 days.

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Love bunny I just wish I could give you a hug. I read your other question and I am so sorry about your son. I am sure that you're tired because you are at the end of your pregnancy and I am sure all that you have been thru since your son was born has exhausted you and to deal with it while you are pregnant on top of everything else. I don't want to project on to you, but I know if it were me in your shoes I would probably be having some worry about the new baby being healthy which is totally normal. I say try and rest as much as possible and don't be afraid to voice your concerns to your doctor. Depression has to be a possibility, as it is with any mom of a newborn, and especially having lost your son, so keep a watchful eye and don't be afraid to ask for treatment or someone to talk to if you need it. You must be one hell of a strong woman!! I am saying a prayer for an easy delivery and healthy baby. Best wishes.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss first of all. I would imagine you're tired as a natural part of pregnancy and maybe stress of your loss and the up and coming section? Would the docs schedule the section if they thought your baby might come earlier? Im not sure how it works, have you discussed your concerns at all with you health care professional? Good luck x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Emotional stress and depression can play a HUGE role in your energy level.. but so can your iron levels. Are you anemic? If you are anemic, I would discuss iron supplements with your dr.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:53 PM on Oct. 7, 2010