What would you say if a job application asked for your greatest strength and weakness?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 4:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• strength- I am driven to get a job done in a timely manner.
    Weakness-I have trouble multi-tasking. I don't like one project to be interrupted for another.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• For strength, I'm a really fast learner.
    I always tried to list a weakness that didn't have much to do with a job, like "I wish I was a more patient driver" or something that could be sort of a positive, like "Sometimes I expect too much of myself".
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am great with resumes' so hope this helps.....

Strength- My greatest strength to date is the fact that I am a very well rounded, organized individual. I take pride in my work and work hard to insure that the job is not only, done. But, done accurately and thoroughly.....

Weakness- My weakness sometimes is time management . I tend to stay until the job is done. No matter what time that is. Yet, recently i have been educating myself on "Time management" and i am now using my time more wisely and actually getting more things done!

IDK....Somethin' like that.....Was just off the top of my head....LOL
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Strength: good at time management and seeing projects to the end.
    Weakness: Tendency to obsess over getting said project absolutely perfect without improvising when necessary.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• he responses above are canned, meaningless responses. Don't use corporate speak, use real language.

For example: My greatest strength is my ability to see a project through from start to finish, on time and on budget. (this should be followed by an example)

The weakness question can be handled in two ways. Either with humor or by turning it into a strength.

My greatest weakness is chocolate.

My greatest weakness is not being able to let go of a project until I have seen it through to its completion.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010