Has anyone else ever lost a child?

I lost my son in May 2010. He was only 8 1/2 months old.

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry. Hugs!
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry.... :( what happened??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Sorry you don't have to talk about it, just the nosey in me.. I am so sorry for your loss *hugs*
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry for you loss :( I lost my daughter when I was 11 weeks pregnant. The had to D and C on me and told me it was a girl....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• :(
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I lost a son at 22 weeks due to preterm labor. I can't imagine having held him and kissed him and loved him for 8 1/2 months and then losing him. I am so sorry. My heart is with you.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• he was born with jaundice and we took him back and forth to his pediatrician 12 times in 2 months with him being so yellow. anyways the jaundice attacked his liver and caused him to have cirrohsis of the liver and caused him to need a liver transplant he went through a procedure called a kasai where they attach the small intestine to the liver to drain the liver because my son didnt have bile ducts in his liver the jaundice ate them away the kasai procedure did not work and my son was placed on the transplant list after 4 times of them having a liver offer they finally had a liver to fit my son they performed the liver transplant and said that the liver wasnt working properly they had to find my son another liver within 2 days otherwise he would have died however they found another liver it started working but my son caught an infection that shut down all his other organs and passed away 2 days after the 2nd transplant
    lovebunny82709

Comment by lovebunny82709 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i am so sorry for your loss. it's heart-wrenching to even think about it. i had to go to search for groups because i thought there might be a loss support group here. this one popped up, along with a couple others

http://www.cafemom.com/group/239/

there should be moms there who have been there! (hugs)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you find some peace xx
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I'm soo sorry for your loss. I personally haven't lost a child aside from misscarriages. But a good friend of mine lost her son at 1.5 months old from SIDS. It's an aweful experience to have to go through. You may want to check out groups on CM that may offer you some support for your loss like:

http://www.cafemom.com/groups/find.php?keyword=child+loss

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010