Who buys used Christmas/Santa presents for their kids?

This year we have gotten most of our kids santa gifts off craigslist. We don't have a ton of money to spend on gifts but we got some AWESOME deals. We got my son a power wheel, we actually bought 2 for 80$ and sold one for 60$. I can't imagine spending 300$ on 1 item! We also got an Ipod touch for 50$. It's nice stuff and I can't see spending 300$ on one item for my 3 year old!

OBImomma

Asked by OBImomma at 5:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• I have purchased TONS on ebay for Chistmas before.... and @ yard sales..... I don't see anything at all wrong with it. My 4 year old wanted a John Deere Gator for his birthday in Aug. They are over $350 new..... I found one at a yard sale for $100! He loves it.
    Kat204

Answer by Kat204 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I never have, but hey you're doing what you have to in order to provide your kids with a great Christmas. Your kids won't know the difference! Way to be thrifty!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I do sometimes. Nothing wrong with it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have in the past but this year DH was deployed so we decided to make our budget a bit larger I shopped clearence and sales and got great stuff for pretty cheap.
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 5:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• What a great idea. I've always been too afraid to try using those sites out of fear of being ripped off. Or worse! Whatever works for you and your family. When you have a house that looks like Toys R Us threw up in it, like mine does, then I think it's safe to say, you do what you can. I've saved some of my own Barbie stuff, cleaned it up and put a big bow on it- and she loved it!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think it's a great idea and a smart use of your money. Your kids aren't going to mind, especially if they're getting something they really want and wouldn't get otherwise. And those things are getting recycled!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010