Do you feel refreshed and revived when you get out of bed in the morning?

I try to get 7-8 hours a sleep each night but sometimes it's just not enough. I wake up all sleepy and it takes me awhile to get energized for my day. A couple of my friends seem to think a bedtime routine is the answer to my problem, as that helps them wake up all bright eyed and bushy tails. Does this seem to work for you? Is there a such thing as moms waking up all refreshed with everything that we do day in and day out?

dubes

Asked by dubes at 5:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Health

• I always wake up tired, I need a shower and maybe 30 min to wake up and be fully functional. I get 7-8 hours of sleep (plus the hour when I am watching tv)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• hell no! I ache and I want to roll up in those covers for a few more hours. I do not know 1 person that wakes up refreshed...thats a myth! lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i don't. i get about 6-8 hours myself and feel like the crypt keeper every morning. it takes me about an hour to be fully functional. im not sure what the magic trick is but i hope you will get the answer! lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no i want to sleep all day.
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 5:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Nope! I like the days when my husbands off and I get a mid-morning nap...after that I usually fell refreshed!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If I felt that way, my coffee maker would'nt be my best friend! - lol- But seriously, I think it depends on your matress & if you get uninterrupted sleep. Also, you are not supposed to eat or drink right before bed, and if you snore or have a form of sleep apnea, you wont feel rested either. I hear exercise helps get ya going- let me know how that works out for ya. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wish!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• not since having kids. i have a bed time routine, i've always had one. but since having kids my days seem longer and more exhausting and my nights are always a little less restless. just a side effect of kids ...
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• no. i have various problems with insomnia and have for as long as i can remember. it's a nightmare.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 5:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I always wake up feeling more tired than when I went to bed no matter how long I sleep, so if you find a solution please let me know=)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010