Ever feel bad for the “Other Kid”?

My daughter came home today and while she was rattling off the days events she said “then I made Owen cry.”
Hold on, Wait! What? Why?

My daughter said “I don’t know why he cried. I said Why do you want to play with the doll house anyways, that’s a girl toy. And he cried!”
This of course prompted an hour long conversation on “There is no such thing as Girl things and Boy things”

Has your child even made another cry and not understood why?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 5:14 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• awww i would feel bad for the other kid as well. my god daughter always picks on other kids and i always feel bad for the other kid
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my first son is really good to other kids. my second son is not as sensitive, and we have had several talks already :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• With Alex being the way he is, he may never understand about those kinds of things. So, yeah, I know it will happen eventually. And, my youngest dd bit a kid at school one day. I felt terrible. True, this was the same kid who had bit her a few days earlier, so I guess it was payback to her, but we had a long talk about bitting when I got that note.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• As far as I know, my oldest hasn't made anyone cry but she has been extremely rude. However, I wonder if her behavior is to see how far she can go before someone (her friends) call her on it. She did tell me of one incident where another friend told her she was being rude and her answer was "Well, it's the truth". It's like my daughter doesn't even care to use some kind of filter when she speaks. She thinks it "cute" which I've told her it's not. It's just being spiteful to say things to hurt another's feelings and she won't like it when someone else tries to one-up her.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 8:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I don't think my daughter "gets it" if you know what I mean. To her it's more like asking if you want juice with breakfast, she's so oblivious.
    Works4Mom.com

Comment by Works4Mom.com (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010