any one ever cet married at the court house...would u recomend?

i really want a wedding n a big white dress...but all of that isnt really necessary is it...i love him enough to marry him with a ring pop on a rainy day...but ive always wanted a big white wedding...what do u think?

kaitybuggsmomma

Asked by kaitybuggsmomma at 5:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i got married in front of the jop than when we had the money for a big wedding we renewed our vows so i say go for it and when u have enough money jus renew ur vows
    amy203

Answer by amy203 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i got married at the courthouse. i don't regret it. i didn't have to charge anything or get a small loan to pay for the wedding. we all went out to dinner after, and i made the wedding cake and grooms cake too.
    i have a few friends that regret their big weddings. they wish that they would have put that money towards their home.
    maybe everyone wonders a bit if they made the right choice.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I didn't, but if you really want a regular wedding then I think you should have one,I mean the plan is to only get one chance at it so why not make it how you want it's all about what you and your future husband want. If that makes any sense
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I did, get married at the courthouse. I don't remember ever dreaming of a big church wedding. I don't care for all eyes on me, they are expensive, and I've seen my sisters end in divorce. So....recommend? IDK. It's what we did. I guess it's a personal decision. Our parents were there. My sister and her then husband was there, with their kids. You can have family there. This Dec we will be celebrating our 15th Anniversary, BTW. And no one, NO ONE thought we would make it. I think the words that we 'weren't the ones that were supposed to make it' were actually spoken. Sad, huh? Meh, everyone is happy for us anyhow.
    The important part is WHO you marry, not WHERE you marry. Not what you WEAR. All of that is good only one day. But the person lasts and lasts. Well, the dress stays, but most people don't always stay that size, and their hair and makeup are only good for that day. LOL! The place is only yours for that day, too. LMAO!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• get*** anyone ever get married...
    kaitybuggsmomma

Comment by kaitybuggsmomma (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• every girls dream to have a fairy tail wedding-money is the thing. I would do it, and have a huge reception though after :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i got married at the court house..i wouldnt say i would recommend it..i kinda regret not having a big wedding i always wanted a big wedding with a beautiful dress..but in reality we couldnt afford all that so we decided to get married at the court house with just out families and close friends
    sam_ann

Answer by sam_ann at 5:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I got married at the court house but I wish I had a wedding.
    Do a small wedding. It would be nice so everyone can see the two of yo get married instead of limited people.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Yes, i got married in front of the JOP. It was okay. I mean, you got married and that was it....Nothing much more than that...If you want to just be married and no wedding...That's the place to do it...LOL.....Good luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I got married at the courthouse and while I LOVE my husband and would never regret marrying him...I DO regret not having an actual wedding. We are thinking of doing a Vow Renewal for our 5 year Anniversary coming up soon but it still won't be the same. If you have in your mind that you want a wedding, you should have one!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010