Bday gifts...Used or New?

I recently went to a Bday party that my friend was having for her 8 year old daughter. When it was time to open the presents, her daughter opened one from a woman who attended the party and in the bag were 3 outfits. Later after the party was over. My friend said to me that the "woman" who had bought the 3 outfits, had bought them "used". But, two out of the 3 outfits that i saw, still had tags on them. It started me wondering if my friend was just being picky. Or, if she had a legitimate reason for being mad about that????...

What do you think????......Is it okay to bring a "Used" gift to a Bday party for an 8 year old girl. Even if the tags are still on them??

gogogirl79

Asked by gogogirl79 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I've been to parties where kids brought toys from home because their parents wouldn't take them to buy something new. In that case I think it's not great, but acceptable. As an adult I find it tacky to buy used for gifts - my mom does this and I think it's terrible when she does it to the kids. Now, I don't mind getting things from antique shops and such for myself, I love old things.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would never give something used as a , my sister does give me hand downs from her kids,i dont mind that i guess because i know it used.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Totaly tacky. Ick I would have rather'd the people get some cute trinkets from the dollar store.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010