What to do about a momas boy?

My son is 18 months and all he says is mom mom and his dad is right there. He keeps whining to be with me wanting me to hold him. It is driving me crazy. I am not sure if they spoil him at daycare because every time i go to drop him off and pick him up someone is holding him. How do i get him out of this phase? I am pregnant and having anothe r boy. I remember my oldest son did the same thing but I did not have to worry about another baby.

mpactem

Asked by mpactem at 5:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm hoping it's a phase, because my 2 year old is doing the same thing... Not so much the holding (even though he does whine about that on and off), but constantly being with me. When his dad tries to give him a bath, or feed him.... Temper tantrum! However, just because I'm pregnant too, and I just don't have the energy to do everything all the time, sometimes we just don't give him a choice. Usually, once he's in the tub and doesn't see me, he's fine.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My 15m old does the same. I cant even step into the restroom without him having a fit.
    anjuliesmom

Answer by anjuliesmom at 12:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My 15 month old does this as well. It is NORMAL. ENJOY this. He's not going to want you forever!

And as for the daycare spoiling him?? Seriously?? Be glad they are loving towards him. Some kids get little to no affection at daycare.

It's a phase. He'll grow out of it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 2:52 AM on Oct. 8, 2010