extra simple Apple ideas?

I have apples, cinnamon, caramel, butter, and a crockpot.. HELP lol

Mrs_Chris_Pukt

Asked by Mrs_Chris_Pukt at 5:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I want to see what recipies you get =) I'll give you a bump
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Quarter, peel, and core the apples. Throw them in the cp. Add as much cinnamon as you want, and just a little water. Cook til soft and mash with potato masher. Stir in a little caramel. Voila, caramel applesauce. Shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Or, do the same thing except chop the apples, and don't add any water. You do need to add some sugar. Cook on low for 10 hours, stir well, keep cooking til thickened (the recipe I use says cook on high uncovered for 1 hour). Voila, apple butter. If you don't have sugar you could add some caramel and have caramel apple butter.

Do you have any flour, sugar, oatmeal?
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 6:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• You could make candied apples with the caramels. You would need to melt the caramels. I don't know if the recipe is on the bag though. If you were making applesauce I don't know if adding the caramels is such a good idea or not.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• apple + butter + cinamun+ sugar +vanilla, with custard on top yummy
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• 4 large tart apples, cored
    1/2 cup apple juice
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
    4 tablespoons butter
    8 caramels
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    Preparation:
    Peel about 3/4-inch off the top of each apple; place in crockpot. Pour apple juice over apples. Fill the center of each apple with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 3 cinnamon candies, 1 tablespoon of butter, and 2 caramels. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm as is or with cream or whipped topping.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:10 AM on Oct. 8, 2010