Laundry in Garage

In our new house we don't have a Laundry room. It's out in the garage and I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible with it. Any mom's out there that has a Garage Laundry room and how do you set it up to be organized and as "cute" as possible? Thanks!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I searched google images for garage laundry room - I think this one looks great...

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It looks ADORABLE! The only thing is, is that we're still using the garage as my Husband's "man cave" for his tools and also we'll probably be parking maybe one car in the garage.
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would paint the one wall where you will have your washer & dryer and put up the cabinets. The rug is a nice touch if you have room or they make colorful plastic garage flooring that snaps together is is nice under your feet.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would definitely recommend some kind of carpet or something under your feet. I wouldn't want to HAVE TO put on shoes just to change the laundry around! I would just add some paint for color, cabinets if needed, and a few cute "Laundry Themed" signs..
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Maybe you can partition it off and make it a separate area.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have 2 homes, one with a garage laundry set-up- It's a huge step backwards for me as we have not had this set up since the 80s. Luckily my master suite is downstairs- so convenient for me. My mantra? location, location- We live in a lovely spot right near a very private beach- The actual house is a work in progress.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2010