With small children at home during the day with you how do you shower?

Leave them unattended, lock the house, make them wait in the bathroom while you shower?

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I do it during nap time
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I always just waited til my SO came home and did it then... Now that they are a bit older I just put in a movie and go shower... They will come get me if something happens...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• When my oldest was little she would take a few toys into the bathroom and hang out in there with me. Once our second was born, she could stay in the play pen while our older daughter was on baby patrol.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• nap time, or wait till my husband gets home
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 5:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I do it during nap time, after she's in bed for the night, or before she wakes up in the morning
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I lock the front door, tell them if they open it for anyone I will kill them, and leave the bathroom door open...I usually call them to come here and ask them ridiculous questions (what color is the carpet in your room? go look lol) so they dont get too involved in destroying things!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Turn on her favorite show/movie (I take like a 5 min shower). Then again- I do that if I ever need to get anything done. Works like a charm, for me anyways.

The doors are always locked.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i usually shower at nap time, sometimes i wait until after they go to bed.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• well my only is 2 and ive been taking showers while she's awake for about 6 months. i put on something she will watch (usually wiggles) and for the most part she stays in the living room while i shower. i leave the bathroom door open and sometimes she brings her toys in there and plays. when she was under 6 months i just put her in a bouncy seat in the bathroom while i showered...she always had a blast.

when the second gets here in April she will be old enough to "watch" the baby and come get me if theres a problem.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i live in a 1 bdrm apt so from my bathroom i can see the living room so if my 16 month is awake, i just hop in & keep looking out and check on him. he comes in the bthrm and plays or just watches nick jr and plays in the living rm where i can see him. sometimes i take him in with me too, or when hes napping.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010