How often...

... are you going for a walk with your child?

I'm not talking about going to the grocery store and back. I'm talking about long walks through the park ect.

Or are you just a couch potatoe and stay at home all day long with the kids?

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• when the weather is nice we take a walk every day. its the only thing we have to do....its free!!!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• We walk to the mailbox every day. Frankly, here in Texas it's been too freakin' hot 'til this month to do much more.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:44 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• thats so true CoreyLynn :)

We live in a small town, everything is close by. We go for a walk almost every day for at least 1.5hours, if the weather is good (no rain) we go for 2-3hours sometimes. If we dont feel like going for a walk then we go to the playground for a couple hours (its right in front of the house)...

Yes its free and we all love it. Our daughter loves to be outside. I'm serious, as soon as she spots her shoes she gives them to me and says "on".. (means: put them on) and she wants to go outside. It makes her happy. I love it :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• we live on a main rd so we can't now. Before when we lived in a neighborhood we walked everyday. My dd loved it!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 4:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• We will take the dogs for a walk or we take them to the dog park, my kids love chasing the dogs around.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yeah, I don't do much walking with my kids. It's too stressful...not fun at all. They just whine and complain the whole time. At the beginning of the school year I was taking my 2yo for a walk for an hour after we dropped the older kids off but she stopped wanting to ride in the stroller and that made it un-fun and tiresome for me. I kept having to make her hold my hand to cross streets which she didn't want to do so every few minutes she would have a melt-down over crossing a street or alley. It sucked. I prefer to walk alone.
    And if we even go near the park...she throws a tantrum because she wants to go play and I refuse to let my kids play at the parks around here-they are dangerous.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:21 AM on Oct. 26, 2008