Anyone have this concern or is it just me?

I went for my 28 week ultrasound the other day, as a repeat from my 18 week ultrasound due to having a blood clot on the back wall of my uterus that is now gone, and when the dr. was doing the measurements everything was matching my due date except for the baby's belly that was measuring 2 weeks behind. We (the drs and my hubby) are not sure if its from the bleeding/clot i had making the placenta not function properly or if it was from whatever problem my 2 yr old son has (we are still trying to figure that out as well). But has anyone else ever had this problem or any suggestions for me to stop worrying so much about it?

momof3_wi

Asked by momof3_wi at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well to put your mind at ease, keep in mind that ultrasounds are not 100% accurate. it could be the angle that they measured from or baby was trying to be skinny for their picture and sucking their tummy in, LOL. If they are concerned, they will do another u/s and you will find out if it was a fluke or not.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I forgot to put in there that i go back in 3 weeks for another u/s to see if its gotten any bigger
    momof3_wi

Comment by momof3_wi (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've never had that problem, but I'm sure they will monitor it and do what they can to figure out what is wrong if anything.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010