has anyone gotten induce a week or 2 early for the reason of...

A close family member was dying ? I knew the dates of my period and I've been measuring exactly to tht date both uterus and baby on ultrasound the whole pregnancy. I don't even know if a dr would do this I'm already a repeat csection and the family member is put on morphine bc they are close to death they've had stage 4 cancer for almost a year and have lived longer then expected they've taken a turn for the worse ....anyone experience this and what did you do just wait and hope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't induce yet. I measured exactly to date and they induced but she ended up being smaller than they estimated so she probably wasn't ready for another couple weeks. Not to scare you but she ended up being in the NICU for 8 days and probably wouldn't have been if I had waited.

I'm sorry for your family.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am sorry for your struggle. I agree with the above poster. You could put your baby in unnecessary danger by not giving it as much time as possible. Just take things one step at a time. That is all you can do. I would seriously question any doctor who would consider doing this. It is not wise. I know it hurts, but sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Just let your loved one know how you feel. I would visit them ( if possible) before your delivery. If it is not possible then I would send a card and a special letter. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• inducing labor might not be the best option. Especially since death and babies are unpredictable. It's best to have the baby come when it's ready to come..

I was induced early becaues my fluid was low (or so he said, IMO he just didn't want to deliver on Christmas!).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010