Is it normal???

I feel soooo depressed. My body is changing and guys dont look at me the same anymore.. I used to be the "Ugly Duckling" and some how i came out to be every guys dream girl. Now that im pregnant and gained some weight, nobody see's me as sexy and now im "just a regular girl" I miss being "wanted"

Not to mention my boyfriends family wants a boy sooo bad and they say hes going to be a big athletic star like theyre whole family was and if i have a girl theyre going to be mean.. Ive let them know how that makes me feel.

I dont know what to do. i feel "ugly" and people yell at me for that and say "but its such a blessing, who cares what people saw before, your going to be a mom now" and it hurts.

what now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• pregnancy is a crazy time!!!! tons and tons of emotions and horomones surging! But if you get too depressed please let your doc know it can be serious.... But aside from that you are gonna be a mommy now. And there will be plenty of time to be "sexy" after the baby is born....you main concern is no longer you, but your baby!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 3:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i know..All my concern is on the baby..My boyfriend says "Get out of this dream world and grow up" i think he thinks im going to be a bad mom...ive told my doctor im depressed...
    Anonymous

• You can still be a "sexy" Mom, after pregnancy BUT they are right... you shouldn't need to feel "wanted" by other men other than your b/f. That's something I too had to deal with and get over. I've had 2 and on my third. I def. dont have the dream body as I once did but my Husband still loves it, I had his children and he loves that fact.
    As for them only wanting a boy!!!! That makes even ME mad. That ARE a blessing and honestly I think jocks are annoying. ;o) A girl would be adorable and once she is born (if it's a girl), I think they will love her too. If you have a boy, make sure you set your own boundaries up... your Mom! Good luck!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Your b/f sounds like he kind of sucks. Tell him to grow up!!!!
    Anonymous

• just hang in there you won't be preggy forever, and then you can get back to the sexyness.... love your baby no matter what everyone says, at least if it is a girl she will have your love... good luck to you...
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 3:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• lol Anonymous, i kinda agree with you. i wish he could shut up about his Jeep and cars for a day and maybe pick up a book or magazine about babies and learn something...because im doing a lot of work growing a baby! ladies you already know this! its hard working growing a baby =)
    Anonymous

• but its such a blessing, who cares what people saw before, your going to be a mom now!

thats all i can tell you.

you dont need to be wanted by any guys. if thats all you care about, then you why did you want a child? its natural that your body changes when you get pregnant. I dont mean it in a bad/mean way, please dont get me wrong. Be proud of what youre "producing". and yes, it is a blessing to be pregnant.

I always thought im ugly, then i got pregnant and i just felt beautiful and perfect.. i gained 80lbs during my whole pregnancy. i barely lost any of the weight yet and sometimes i hate my body, but then i look at my beautiful child and think "wow... it is friggin worth it!!!"
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• you dont understand...even having a boyfriend my GUY friends were jealous..
    my boyfriend has girls jealous of ME because they want to be with him and it makes his feel GREAT

but i dont have anyone jealous of him..and i feel as though its because of how i look..

and that was kinda rude what u said "why did u want a child.."

honestly...it was unexpected...my boyfriend and i were having a party under the stars...drinking, and playing music and camping out UNDER THE STARS!! A ROMANTIC NIGHT! and we drank too much and then i got pregnant from that night

it was unplanned...

so it hurts when u say that about me...like i said..my boyfriend doesnt seem to look at me as beautiful and i fear hes gonna leave me..so why not want other guys to see me as beautiful?
    Anonymous

• he doesn't deserve you if he would leave you because no one was jealous of you anymore... at least he gets to have a baby with you... they should be jealous of that!!!! You are going to be a mom and that is going to be great... keep your head up.....
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 4:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• How far along are you? if you think ur bf will not want you anymore after you start "showing" then hes not worth it any ways!! My dh thought i was the most sexy woman in the world before i had kids and now that feeling has just trippled cuz i had his babies.....
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 4:17 PM on Oct. 25, 2008