Have you ever watched Secret Life of an American Teenager with a teen?

I watch the show with my kids. My teens. I think it is way to explicit for my taste but needs to be discussed. I'm not in the dark with what goes on with teens. Please no bashing one another these are our opinions. Not wrong just different.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I've watched it with my niece. That show is RIDICULOUS. The acting is unbearable and the situations don't seem realistic. Teens have sex, but I don't think it goes anything like that. I could be wrong though. I do really enjoy Greek! :P What do you think of the show?
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I think that the show may be explicit but it can happen.. More teens today are getting pregnant -- look at shows like Teen Mom, 16 & pregnant etc.. It is good for them to know that they can come talk to you about things going on in their lives..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Ive never seen Greek I will have to watch for it.
    martinmommy26

Comment by martinmommy26 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I watch it. HORRIBLE show. But It's super addicting. I hate it. haha.

...Guilty Pleasure.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• That show is horrible..bad acting. Teens dont even talk like that.. they say the word sex like in every sentence and its just....LAME..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never forget a line this girl said when her dad died.. "Dad died because i had incredible sex" lol she said something like that..
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 6:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I love that show. it's like a sope opera for teens lol. Amy and Grace get on my nerves, but theres just so much drama that I can't stop watching
    bubblesco06

Answer by bubblesco06 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I don't have teens, soooo, nope. I watched it with my 13yo sister and didn't like it.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:12 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• well i never watched it with a teen but my goddaughter and i both had watched it and i am still addicted to it. its so lame and addicting like one of the other poster said. i watch it because i watched it from the beginning and its just something to laugh at. its my secret addiction.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• that is the most unrealistic show ever. its like lifetime, but worse. no one actually talks like that. when i was in high school i didn't constantly obsess over sex and having a boyfriend or my ex-boyfriend. when a girl in my class got pregnant, all the cliques didn't come together to help her raise the baby. the serial dater wasn't a serial dater because he was sexually abused, he was just over-sexed and 16...and we weren't allowed to discuss religion and invite people to church events like grace bowman does. there was no perfect blend of families going through every single possible crisis at the same time.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 4:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010