If your baby has spina bifida or cleft lip etc...does the ultrasound tech see these things?

Always, sometimes???

I have already had my 20 week ultrasound and they said my little girl looked great...but like all other mommies I worry.

I have been having scary dreams about those things...dont even wanna talk about them :(

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 6:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hey they would have noticed it. And its perfectly normal to have those dreams! I was told at 11 weeks that my baby could have downsyndrome.But, So far so good! I am 34 weeks pregnant. And if the unltrasound tech did notice anything they would have called your doctor at that moment and she would have had you come in. Don't worry girl! Your baby is fine. And there are some people who don't take any vitamines at all and their babies are just perfect! Good luck and congrats!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yes they would... I'm an MA and they would see it... relax and enjoy your pregnancy.... Congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• are you taking your vitamins? if you are then your baby is fine.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• They would see it, but by law cannot tell you. It is up to your doctor to give you the results of the ultrasound.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010