How is this woman the BEST person for ANY job?

Angle responds that "we're talking about a militant terrorist situation, which I believe it isn't a widespread thing, but it is enough that we need to address, and we have been addressing it."

"My thoughts are these, first of all, Dearborn, Michigan, and Frankford, Texas are on American soil, and under constitutional law. Not Sharia law. And I don't know how that happened in the United States," she said. "It seems to me there is something fundamentally wrong with allowing a foreign system of law to even take hold in any municipality or government situation in our United States."

Dearborn, Mich., has a thriving Muslim community. It was not immediately clear why Angle singled out Frankford, Texas, a former town that was annexed into Dallas around 1975.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:10 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw clips of her this morning. Her comments were ....awful....my jaw nearly hit the floor. The woman is nuts.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• "My thoughts are these, first of all, Dearborn, Michigan, and Frankford, Texas are on American soil, and under constitutional law. Not Sharia law. And I don't know how that happened in the United States," she said. "It seems to me there is something fundamentally wrong with allowing a foreign system of law to even take hold in any municipality or government situation in our United States."

***

Why is this such an egregious statement?

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• There are quite a few very scary females on the Rebublican side of things right now.... And she's definitely one of them.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:13 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Same way Pelosi is the best woman for any job. Wait, no, Angle is better qualified.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I dont know about Frankford, TX, but I have seen a lot of lopsided justice in Dearborn...actual footage, not media propaganda. And I happen to REALLY like these "tea party" candidates.
    BTW...sweetakins.... I dont know if you're aware that Christine O'Donnell's comments were taken out of context, AND they were made 15 years ago.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• She has a good point. Have you ever been to Deerborn? It's a different world there. Better be careful if you go.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It's a different world there. Better be careful if you go.
    ______________________
    Why should people be careful? Are there high crime rates? Have there been acts of terrorism? Just what exactly are you referring to? Specifics, please.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• ANYONE is better than Scary Harry
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• SCREW SHARIA LAW.
    _____________________
    lol. Your depth of understanding of the issue is breathtaking. FOR SURE they have sharia law in Dearborn Michigan. They have NO constitution there. It is like MECCA!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• They all sound like idiots to me and anyone who would vote for them is probably an idiot, too!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010