my baby cries when i pick her up.

i think she might have bruised her shoulder. how do i know if i can't find anything bruise on her? she's not screeching so i don't think anything's broken.

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 6:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep in mind that lack of crying is not always an indicator of nothing being wrong. If you are concerned, take her to the doctor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• She may not have bruised it. She may have dislocated it. I would take her to the doc.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I had a similar problem with my son. He'd cry when he got up from his nap and tried to walk. I took him to the doctor who told me to give him Tylenol. There was no visible injury but she thought he'd probably hurt himself (i.e. strained a muscle) while playing. Sure enough, in a day or two with Tylenol he was just fine.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• well, the best thing I can say is do range of motion on her. if she's not better by tomorrow, take her in to the doctor if your very concerned. if you do range of motion on her, and she doesnt seem that bad off, good bet shell be ok
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 8:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010