Why does my 1 year old boy act different with me then with other people?

I'm a single mom, & I work weekends. A friend watches my boy on Sat. my parents watch him Sunday, and my sister watches him Monday. They all tell me that he acts soo different when i'm there than when i'm gone. Like he don't listen to me but listens to them.. he's more whiney with me... What am i doing wrong? It makes me feel a little sad that he doesn't respond as well with me in front of others. He seems to do fine when its just the two of us.

Miss_Angela

Asked by Miss_Angela at 6:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My pedi told me that children act their "worst" when they are most comfortable. Take comfort that your child feels most comfortable around you! :) ps. this is very normal, so dont be hurt, just take it in stride!
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• all kids are like that....The devil to mama and little angels to everyone else....it wont ever change!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Normal. They think that they can get away with more with other people (and they usually do). you aren't doing anything wrong.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I agree with the others. Very common. He probably realizes that when you're with others, you're going to be leaving soon and gets anxious. As long as he behaves well with you when you're alone and with others when they're along with him, don't worry about it. He'll probably get better with the whole concept of transitions as he gets older.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Very normal. He knows you are more emotionally invested in him and he will push limits more with you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:15 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• it's normal, he will try to push your limits, where as he is less likely to try it with other people, he isnt as comfortable and not quite sure of what he can and cant get away with with others, but with you he probably has you figured out depending on the tone of your relationship.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• it's unfortunetely completely normal. lol. My DD use to do this with me all the time. (Oh it's also a phase, lol). Keep setting down the ground rules and he'll figure out what he can push and what he can't eventually. Your his mama and he sees you every day, so you are what he takes his more aggressive, annoying, whininess out on. lol. Auntie, and grandparents see him once a week, so it's more a treat for him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• (plus they are more likely to spoil, while we are more the "bad guys" for disciplining them) Like I said, they get over it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• DO I HAVE to chooose a best answer?? i'm new on here and all these answers have made peace with me... and were SO helpfull!!
    Miss_Angela

Comment by Miss_Angela (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010