keep my mouth shut?

We asked my MIL if she could watch our daughter while we went to our doctors appt.. my dad is at our house putting on a new roof. After our doc appt we were going home to clean bc we have friends coming over tomorrow. He has known this 4 a week now. As soon as we leave the doc he calls his Mom (who after he said something about cleaning she offered. To come help this afternoon after the appt) and tells her we were on the way to the house. APPARENTLY she got confused bc after an hour of being at the house I asked if we were going to their house bc I didn't want to wait til 5 to see our daughter he said no dad should be here in a min. OK? What about ur mom and A? He said I dunno. So I asked what we were waiting on his dad for? He said Im sure he is getting the concrete and all together... WHAT FOR? (Apparantly his dad told him this morning that he wanted to frame the barn) first I heard of this!!! And he has know for CONT.

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd ask your S/O to speak with the IL's your having enough stress and all this doesn't help. Exp it's his parents and you'd be more comfortable if he'd say something so they don't take it the wrong way. As far as the sister if she's 15 just down right tell her to saty out of your bedroom and your stuff it rude to go in there and thru your things. She's young enough to tell and old enough to understand. Because it IL's your S/O for your sake & the baby's (remind him of that) he should be handling this not you. I'd be laying on the bed rest is for a reason quite thick if it were me, and get all the help you can get from S/O .
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I am confused . you lost me... can you rephrase this ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• For at least a week that hehad other things to do ( I am on strict bedrest so he had to do the cleaning) so he is going to wait til he finished what his DAD wanted first?? And then his mom gets here and is like what do you want me to do? He told her that he would do the rest if she would vaccum and pick up play area. So her and his 15 yr old sister come in( me and my daughter were outside on blanket) I have told HIM and them several times NOT TO GO IN MY BEDROOM. PERIOD. its my private room and no one needs to be in there. A few min later I walk in and his sister is going through our stuff... whatever she wants to look at she does and then walks into our bedroom. I can't take it. Stay out and stop acting like the place is yours. And he tells me thy are just like that. I DON'T CARE. I don't like it and if me telling them to stop wont work he should stick up and make them. Plus if he would tell his dad just ONCE that CONT.
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• He has things to do for HIS family first and when he finishes he will help him they wouldn't have a chance to be so freaking invasive. But what I want always come second to his parents. What should I do?? Sorry if I lost you.. its? Plus 2 posts for rest of story..
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Talk directly to your DH. Tell him how you feel and ask if he could talk to his family about your wishes. If he doesnt want to, let him know that you will talk to them yourself.
    And if you need to talk to them yourself, be polite and firm. Tell them that they are welcome in your home. But make it clear that you need your privacy, they are not allowed in your bedroom or to go through your personal things, and you hope they can respect your request. Its not a bad request, or a crazy one. I respect other's homes. I wouldnt go to my MIL's house and go into ther room and go through her things. And I expect the same respect from her.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:51 PM on Oct. 7, 2010