At what age will you let your kids get a facebook or myspace?

Does hearing about all the cyber bullying make you never want to let your kids get online at all? Or do you not think anything of it and still let your kids get online with no supervision.

sam_ann

Asked by sam_ann at 6:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe 15 but I will be have to be a 'friend' and know their password until they are 18.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My son went on Facebook at 11. All his friends have an account. I have his password and sign on as him everyday. He is now 15.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• i used to be on aol when i was 11, before myspace or facebook. it was the social networking of the 90's. but things were different then, so i would probably allow it for my kids at 14. with them being in school, homework, and only one main computer that is in the living room, i dont see them getting in much trouble on the internet.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Never. Husband & I don't have them. Kids won't have them.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:29 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• When she is no longer my financial or legal responsibility. So 18
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My daughter is 15 and she has Myspace. A friend created the account but we check her periodically. It's always good to know what your kids are up to.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 8:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010