My husband wants to have more quality time together. I feel he is acting immature and obsessive when I am not home. Should I try and make him happy or let him go out? I feel we have a normal sex life. Is twice a month too little?

What defines a "normal" sex life?
My husband does not trust me, how do I regain this when he is being rude?
Is it important to call home if you are staying out all night?
Is it okay to love someone you are not attracted to?
Am I wrong for not making any "moves", he is the man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• That's a lot of questions.  Ok, in my opinion:

What defines a "normal" sex life?  One both parties are happy with.

My husband does not trust me, how do I regain this when he is being rude?  The trust and the rudeness are two different issues, neither of which can be answered here, IMO.

Is it important to call home if you are staying out all night?  Yes.

Is it okay to love someone you are not attracted to?  Sure, why wouldn't it be? 

Am I wrong for not making any "moves", he is the man?  Yes, he's also a human with feelings and needs to know that he's wanted and desireable, just like we do.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Thats a lot of questions!

What defines a "normal" sex life? - Whatever works for your relationship. Normal for me and my SO is about twice a week.

My husband does not trust me, how do I regain this when he is being rude? - Why doesn't he trust you?

Is it important to call home if you are staying out all night? - I always do if I am going out. I call to check in about mid-way and give an ETA for coming home.

Is it okay to love someone you are not attracted to? Yes, love is not always a physical thing, and there are many different types of love.

Am I wrong for not making any "moves", he is the man? - Sometimes a man needs to have the moves put on him to make him still feel wanted, just like a woman.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• lol you should ask him all these questions.
    Anonymous

• Just reading between the lines, you are being a real piece of work, IMO. What is a mother doing staying out ALL night? And what have you done to show him he can't trust you. Sounds like you two have some issues to work out...
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anon. 4:47 what is a mother staying out all night and yes you call your husband and let him know where your at you must of done something for him not to trust you and me and my husband have sex at least 2 times a WEEK!! you need to control yourself and think of what you sound like and you dont try to make him happy you should make him happy thats what being in love is all about
    Anonymous

• No, I would say IMHO that twice a month is NOT enough. You should not be staying out all night- especially without calling and checking in with your family. Why marry a person you are not attracted to?? And you should want to make moves on your SO- that is the whole point!! I think he has a right to be upset and even rude!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i agree with anon 347 too! i could never imagine staying out all night without my hubbs, and definitely call, not calling is just frikkin rude! I wouldn't trust someone who stays out all night either.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 5:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You should feel lucky. A lot of women are upset because their hubby's are the ones staying out all night and not wanting quality time together......
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• What defines a "normal" sex life?
    One both parties are happy, to me it's at least once a week to stay in touch with each other sexually

AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My husband does not trust me, how do I regain this when he is being rude?
    You need to make an effort, not staying out all night and being in situations that may be questionable to him

Yes, it's not okay to stay out all night without letting your hubby know, he's your husband not your boyfriend. Not to mention, if you're happy at home... you wouldn't want to stay out all night. You would want to be with him. This might be why he doesn't trust you.

What does that mean? Your not attracted to your hubby? If so, then you need to figure out a way to go back to when you were attracted to him.

Am I wrong for not making any "moves", he is the man? Yes, he needs to know that he's wanted and desireable, just like you probably do.
    AshJoe05