How do I get DS to have an easier time having a poop?

Grunts and grimaces and I feel so bad!

Amanda_82

Asked by Amanda_82 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he constipated? If so, a little karo syrup might help.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Don't give karo syrup. Its not safe.

The age of the baby, BF or FF helps determine how to help him.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:23 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• One thing that helps most babies is making a bicycle motion with their legs.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 7:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• If he's not passing dry, hard, pellet like stool, it's not constipation, so don't worry. If he's just grunting and making faces, he's probably just learning how to use the muscles needed to poop. Can you give more info? Age, diet, stool frequency and consistancy?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I have a little trick if he is having a hard time using those muscles then walk him around if he walks use the bicycle motion to help to
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• a bottle of luke warm corn syrup water will help. dissolve 1tbs of corn syrup in to a bottle of warm water and it is a natural laxitive that will not harm your baby.
    Candy G.

Answer by Candy G. at 8:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I fed mine lukewarm water (parboiled) and mixed in a little bit of honey when she had a bit of trouble having a poo. Works like a charm
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• ok I tried karo syrup and also prune juice and some times it did worked then it came back to his and I would do the same it wouldn;t work at all and my mom started giving him grapes when he was less than 2 months old she would just get the juice out of them and put it on a bottle nipple and gave him that and that's what is been working since then he is 2 yrs old so try that also if he can chew now give your baby some raising that works just fine also give your baby more juice and water
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010